Tuesday, January 17, 2006

"That's just a straight shooter with upper management written all over him."

I don't really remember what I had against "Scrubs" when it started. I guess I thought it was annoying based on what little I saw of it. But over the last few years I had a lot of people tell me it was funny and that I'd like it, so I recently decided to give it a whirl. Thanks to the DVD/TiVo combination (I owe a big debt of gratitude to Dave Zatz in particular) Amy and I have watched the first 16 episodes of the first season and we're surprised by how much we like it (though there are aspects I still find annoying). Further, those that told me I should watch it specifically for Dr. Cox's character were definitely right. He's played by John C. McGinley and I knew I recognized him from several things but for some reason I could never place him. Today I looked it up.


For starters, he was one of Ed Harris' marines in "The Rock"...






I don't really remember him, but he was head of the SWAT team in "Seven" "Se7en" (sorry)...




He was also the other crook with Jack Baer in "Nothing to Lose"...











And I was shocked that I wasn't able to make this connection, he was one of the Bobs in "Office Space"...






That one kind of baffled me. Anyway, I was originally going to send Amy a simple email asking "Did you realize Dr. Cox was one of the Bobs?" But Jukkity has been pretty light on the content lately, so I thought I'd throw up this bloated post.

John C. McGinley vs. Sam McMurray

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy Butler said...

I have to say, I am shocked that I knew him from two of those movies, and you did not. SHOCKED!

I first knew he was the guy from Office Space and Scrubs. I had not seen "Nothing to Lose" since "Office Space" and "Scrubs" came out. I actually hadn't see it until recently when it came on TV-- I saw that guy and was like "whoa, it's one of the Bobs." Anyway, that's how it went down.

I knew something you didn't know. Neener, neener.

"onnrm"
Over nine Nazis remember me.

January 17, 2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Now that you mention it, I remember when Nothing to Lose was on and you made the "Bob" connection. But I wasn't familiar with Scrubs then.

Still, you knew and I didn't. Neener acknowledged.

"nthbp"
Never take (a) hippo's blood pressure.

January 17, 2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger DREW! said...

Amy is right in rubbing your face in this. Usually, you are the one who is condescendingly laughing whilst other people fail to make infinitely less obvious connections than this. Now, in true seventh-grade fashion, you string together your myriad of photos as if everyone else was as ignorant to this topic as you.

What were you thinking?

And you are largely unaware of the greatness of Sam "that's-why-they-call-it-a-wayhomer" McMurray.

Funny though, because the first time I misread that and thought you were talking about Fred MacMurray.

"rmgcvdv"
"Ronald McDonald's garbage contained very dirty videos"

January 17, 2006 10:17 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

You're absolutely right, Drew. This post was supposed to have a "Man, I'm dumb" vibe but I guess that didn't quite come across. It wasn't meant to be informative.

Usually when an actor meets the criteria for Hey-It's-That-Guy* status, I can normally think of something they've been in. I was just ashamed that I couldn't place McGinley, as his case is so obvious.

*Most of the names added to that list since 2004 are a stretch, in my opinion. And on an unrelated note, the write-up for Victor Wong still makes me chuckle every time I read it.

"jyyfbu"
Jiggle your yogurt for breakfast, Uncle.

January 18, 2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger DREW! said...

Sorry. All of your posts kind of have a "Man, I'm dumb" vibe to them.

January 18, 2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Touche.

January 18, 2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger Amy Butler said...

"Wow, you are mean."

"wycyyl"
When you can, you yodel loudly.

January 18, 2006 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home