Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Take 2

I continue to be impressed with Sears, this time with the folk at the Hardware Store by our house. When Amy and I were there Saturday afternoon, the dude at the checkout counter noticed Amy's "about-to-pop'edness" (it's hard to miss) and asked what we were having and when he was due, etc. Jack happened to kick at that moment (surely aware that he was the subject of conversation) and Mr. Checkout Guy remarked that "that's so cool." Both he and another employee behind him (who wasn't part of the conversation but was listening in) seemed much more interested and impressed with the whole phenomenon than one would normally expect of younger, presumably-single guys... So yesterday (3 days later) I go back alone to return something and Employee #2 (the dude in the background during the initial visit) comes up to me at the service desk while a girl is processing my return and asks, "Hey, are you the guy whose wife is pregnant?"
"Yeah, man, that's me."
"Did that, uh, happen yet?"
"No, not yet. Any day now though."
"Y'all are due on the 11th, right?"
"Yeah, dude. "

Kinda surprising memory, considering that we still have to remind family members of the due date.

Anyway, the point is that here's another round of the random lyrics running tally:

  • He used to do surgery on girls in the eighties, but gravity always wins.
  • Behind the shelter in the middle of a roundabout the pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray.
  • "...but when you're Number 1, it's time to celebrate. And why not celebrate with cake? Everyday."
  • Hens love roosters. Geese love ganders.
  • And you got your manipulations - they cut me down to size.
  • What a beautiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun.
  • I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are.
  • All her debts were cast on me, and she must and shall go free.
  • They're gonna pull up the floors, they're gonna knock down the walls, they're gonna dig up the drains.
  • Take your time. Hurry up. The choice is yours. Don't be late.


Google away.

By the way, I've been updating my list of CDs to legally acquire. It's more to help me keep track of it than anything, but if anyone's interested it's still there for all to ridicule.

5 Comments:

Blogger DREW! said...

I find your lyricage to be generally unbiased toward the greater bands of our day. For instance, Third Eye Blind (or "3EB" as I so affectionately refer to them), The Verve and The Verve Pipe, Good Charlotte, Hillary Duff, and most importantly... that's right, Mr. David Hasslehoff.

"mfekq"

October 06, 2005 1:13 AM  
Blogger Amy Butler said...

I was a bit disappointed when I saw that "...but when you're Number 1, it's time to celebrate. And why not celebrate with cake? Everyday" wasn't lyrics to a song. That would be a really, really good song.

"iigod"

October 06, 2005 9:28 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

It's really too bad that Mama Cass had to go so soon. She would've been our best bet for someone having a Cake Celebration song.

"snuqh"

October 06, 2005 9:32 AM  
Blogger DREW! said...

Man. That shot was cheap and unnecessary.

"wfnick"

October 06, 2005 11:00 AM  
Blogger Amy Butler said...

You know she wouldn't have cared.

"...and nobody's gettin' fat,
except Mama Cass."

"kraohxp"

October 06, 2005 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home