Saturday, April 19, 2008

Thank you very much, Space Ghost, for having me on your show.

From Wyoming's Department of Motor Vehicle website:

If you are partial to the photo on your out-of-state license but have set up residence in the Cowboy State, you have up to one year to trade in your license for the Wyoming version.


If I remember correctly, the rule in Texas is that you have to update your license within 30 days of moving. I interpret Wyoming's policy as "if you're hoping to live in our state for less than a year (and we wouldn't blame you) then you don't have to bother getting our driver's license." I figured we wouldn't be so lucky, but I still waited a healthy 14 months to part with my Texas license. (Kudos to Amy who is still holding out and claims that she "can't find" her birth certificate so she can't get a new driver's license).

I thought I'd post a comparison just to show the supremacy of the Texas design.

Old:



New:



I seriously considered blurring out that picture... and I probably should have because it's pretty awful. And now I'm trying to remember why I thought this post was gonna be a good idea, I'm just gonna hit publish now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Silverthornes said...

I think you look better as a Texan. Thanks for publishing this post. It was quite interesting to me.

April 19, 2008 1:02 PM  
Blogger DREW! said...

As Mike Nelson would say, that is one "butt-ugly" driver's license design. It's almost as if Wyoming is trying to invite you to leave the state. The postulate that the one year deadline is to accommodate those who quickly realize what a mistake they made is more than hilarious. In fact, they should change the state motto from whatever it is to "Wyoming: Just Passin' Through" (a la Trapped in Paradise). Word.

April 19, 2008 7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. I agree with the silverthornes. Much better as a Texan. You should stop lolligaggin and continue to "pass through".

on the other hand, i do like the mini-me picture in the bottom right.

and you're a donor! you go, glenn cocoa.

April 21, 2008 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home